This may be the dumbest question out there but i have to ask...?

is it possible to ovulate more than once a month and still only have 1 period a month....? just wondering ...

proudmommy_0811

Asked by proudmommy_0811 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Health

• I'd like to know the answer to this too. So I don't thinks it's a dumb question at all,lol.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• um...not sure. probably not, but i wouldn't say it couldn't ever happen.

also, this is not the dumbest question..trust me! :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Can a woman ovulate more than once during each cycle?
    A woman cannot ovulate more than once during each cycle, therefore she cannot get pregnant more than once during a cycle. Multiple ovulation can occur and is when two or more eggs are released in a single cycle. Both eggs are released during one 24 hour period and are responsible for the birth of fraternal twins. It is believed that this may occur in as many as 5-10% of all cycles but does not result in that many twins due to a type of miscarriage referred to as the “vanishing twin phenomenon.”

From americanpregnancy.org
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Can I ovulate without having a period?
    Since a woman releases an egg 12-16 days before her expected period, it is possible for women to get pregnant without having periods. Women who are not menstruating due to a certain condition (i.e.…low body weight, breastfeeding, perimenopause) risk the chance of ovulating at any point. For those who want to conceive, the lack of periods could make it more difficult to know the timing of ovulation if you are not charting temperature and cervical fluid changes. But if you are not having periods and wanting to prevent pregnancy, a form of contraception should be used since there is no way to know when ovulation will occur.
    an-apple-a-day

• okay so my guess is it's not possible and the only way to know is to check your temp oh i know when my cervical fluids change and of course i have the i'm in heat mode and of course i've tested ...
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Once your body releases and egg, it immediately starts producing progesterone which stops the release of more eggs. If the egg does not get fertilized, the body prepares for menstration.

So, no is the answer.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• That's not a dumb question, but I don't know so Imma give you a bump up. GL
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 10:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I dont monitor it at all. its not dumb though so dont worry alot of people seem to be wondering the same thing, you were the only one with guts to ask :)
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Not sure and it isn't a dumb question
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• google it... I'm sure there is info out there!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2011