LGBTQ support days :D spin off of a question about the day of silence (on parent debate section)

or known as the day of silence, that day (or days depending on how many you do) is for supporting the LGBTQ (lesbian,gay,bi,trans,questioning) community, this day is to willingly give up your voice for those who had theirs taken from them by either, suicide, hate,or a hate crime (murder in other words) now the next day of silence is on this friday, and for those of you who do red friday, which i think is supporting the troops by wearing a red shirt and voicing your opinion, there are other ways of supporting both days at the same time, put a purple stripe on your red shirt, write something positive in purple on your hand or get a sticker and write something in purple on that, you dont HAVE to be silent on this day most children at schools that support this day can either not talk or wear something purple to support

i for one have had 3 people in my life that were gay, 2 which committed suicide and one that got hit by a car coming from a LGBTQ gathering, i wear something purple every day of silence and sometimes i dont talk to support the people who get hated on because of what their sexuality is

no question just thought id clear up what the day of silence is for :)

Lizzypuppylove

Asked by Lizzypuppylove at 9:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• WOW! I never knew that. I can' imagine how hard that must be having to go through all of that though. You know, the truth is that suicide happens in teens a lot more than we wish to believe and it sometimes is just from teasing or because they have horrible parents in their lives
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Thank you for the clarification I answered on that question.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i think there's a day for teens that have been bullied also known as a day of silence i did that day once at my old high school and we all wore black and white and painted our faces as mimes, i sadly dont remember what day it was on.....maybe on a Wednesday ill have to look
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I just answered on that question too, and that mom kind of ticked me off...
    GothicChk52

Answer by GothicChk52 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• yeah :/ me to but my family is like her..they think its stupid....my dad didnt even want me to tell my family i was pansexual (like bi sexual pretty much) he told me not to say anything to anyone or he'd get crap for it
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I didn't see the original question (but I'll go check it out next). I'm so sorry for your loss. :-( I have several gay friends in my life as well, and I despise bullying of any kind. Many of my gay friends have had to live in secret for fear of their families or judgmental people finding out about them. A couple friends have recently come out to everyone they know (one did it on FB once he told some in person), and I thought that was VERY brave. I'm so grateful that they were not bullied terribly, and one managed to move to an area that is much more accepting than the little southern town he grew up in. However, he had spent most of his high school years pretending he was straight. I'd be proud to support a day of silence as well as other LGBT causes.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I will have to go check it out
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Lizzy, no need to explain pan to me. I'm a lesbian, and I know SO much about the GLBT life. I LOVE learning new things about it. lol
    GothicChk52

Answer by GothicChk52 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• GothicChk52 -oh ok lol i didnt know that :)
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• BIG WARM HUGS to you OP. I am so sorry for your loss and for all that you have gone through. I think I will find something purple to wear every day now as well.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2011