Did your kids.......

Did your kids skip the crawling stage and go straight to walking??
My mother said i did, and it seems like my son might too, he doesn't seem to go anywhere when he's on all fours except in circles or backwards...mostly in the play pin... what are some things yours did if they did skip it??

schadtzen

Asked by schadtzen at 9:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest skipped crawling entirely...she didn't move by herself at all until she was able to stand up and then she would walk along the edge of furniture and only then did she learn to crawl, but only so that she could crawl from piece of furniture to piece of furniture. She begin walking all by herself at about 15 months.
    My youngest does this weird crawl, not on all fours. My husband calls it the combat crawl, lol. She also walks along furniture now.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• yes, my oldest did. she did this weird type of crawling and it wasn't until 10 months, and instead of crawling on all 4's she crawled with her hands and sort of drug the rest of her body behind her. it reminded me of an army soldier crawling through the trenches.. lol. anyway she went from that to walking at 12 months.

my mil told me this was bad for children and they won't end up walking right. well she is 4 now and doesn't seem to have any problems! lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• A lot of times a child will crawl backwards before they figure out forwards. Both of my kids did the backwards thing first.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• both my children did the crawling backwards first and then went forward to a piece of furniture and pulled themselves up on that and starting walking along them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Mine did. My son was "standing" and cruising around 6 months old by holding on to everything and anything. He didn't walk independently until 10 1/2 months old but man, did he get around on his own long before that. LOL! He'd sometimes butt scoot himself or log-roll. It was the funniest thing to watch. ;) He 'crawled' for real AFTER he learned to walk as soon as he figured out he could get under tables and things better on all fours. LOL!!

My DD would use her arms to pull herself around while dragging her legs behind her. She also preferred to scoot around on her butt but was yearning to just get on her feet and go. She was cruising by 8 months and running by 10. She never really spent much time with her modified crawling.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My daughters didnt.. my son sat "indian style" and scooted for about 3 day then started walking..
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 13, 2011