Could I be pregnant even on birth control??

I have been on birth control for 4 years and haven't missed one pill b/c I do not want another child. Last week I noticed my breasts seems swollen and I squessed them and some clear liquid came out. I am suppost to start my period this week and usually do so on Tuesday night(so far nothing) but I have been cramping for the past two days. I have took pain medicine but nothing helps. It isn't a horriable pain but it is uncomftable in my stomich and lower back. If I am this will be my third child and I'm scared b/c this is somehting my husband and I did not want!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yep...pills and condoms are only 99.9% effective
    Not sure you would be lactating so early though, at most you would only be 1 month pregant. Only way to tell is to take a test. And if its something you can't handle, just remember that there are loads of parents who cants have babies that wouldn't mind adopting!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yes, my freind had both her babies while on the pill. She took them regularly.
    juliemomx2

Answer by juliemomx2 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Since birth control is only 99% effective, it's possible. Take a test and if it's negative, you may want to discuss him getting a vasectomy. It's less invasive and rough on the body for a man. Women can have hormonal side effects and it's a larger medical procedure.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I got prego with my daughter and my son on BC. It is possible but you have been on it for a long time. Sometimes the body changes and you have to change it along with it
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I got pregnant with youngest son while taking BC. I had been on it for just about 2 1/2 years.
    catsmom1993

Answer by catsmom1993 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My oldest boys - 21 yr old fraternal twins - were conceived when I was ON THE PILL!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• The ONLY BC that is 100% - NOT HAVING SEX!
    twinsplus2more

• I have heard that no form of birth control is 100% effective though it was for me before I married . In those days , I used to hear accounts from other girls of condoms coming off or splitting so I always thought they must be the least reliable method and never used them

So to answer your question, yes it is possible . Get a pregnancy test as soon as you can . If the results are negative but your symptoms persist , please see a doctor .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My boys are 4yrs apart, share the same birthday and I was on birth control pills with my 2nd son.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I got preggo the first time using just a condom, but the second time on bc.. and that gave me twins! Definitely take a test! gl
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2011