Ever forget how old you are?

My 6 yr old likes to makes lists. And over Tday she was making a list of everyone in our family and their age. She wrote my name and asked how old I am. I blurted out "22" w/o a second thought, and then quickly realized that wasn't right. "no, wait, I'm 24". WTH? How did I lose 2 yrs all of a sudden?! I mean I really had to think about how old I really am! Ever forget a BIG detail about yourself? Or do I need to get more sleep?

rosesNclovers

Asked by rosesNclovers at 3:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• No I do it too. Sometimes I make myself older, sometimes younger, and then sometimes I have to use the calculator and figure it out. My dh doesnt even know how old he is. He has to ask me LOL. It isnt like as adults we go around asking "How old are you?".
    Anonymous

• lol I've done that too
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Oh, thank god I'm not alone! lol. Although, I still probably need more sleep:D
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 3:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Ok well now you could just need more sleep or maybe that is just how life works...because my first instinct was to answer 22 and I am 42...when the heck did that happen? lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Once I hit my 40's, I pretty much stopped being so specific. Not because I'm ashamed of my age; I'm very proud of what I've accomplished in my life so far and, I must say, I'm happier with how I look now than when I was in my 20's and 30's. It's just that it doesn't come up that often and when it does, it's not that big a deal. Unlike when we're children; remember telling everybody you were 6 and a HALF. That "half" was always such a big deal!

Thanks for the chuckle!
    Anonymous

• I've done that lots of times. I sometimes forget that I'm married...not in a bad way, but I forget that my last name is different now.
    alysmommy0909

Answer by alysmommy0909 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I sometimes think of myself as 19, even though I turned 20 five months ago lol. I can't wait to be 21, I certainly won't forget that age =3
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I've done this too! But if your dd is into ages she will probably do what mine do .....correct me when I get it wrong! lol
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I had to go to my Myspace page one day to figure out how old I am!! I couldn't believe it!!
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 3:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• yea i sometimes say 18 but i am almost 20. i tell people the wrong last name sometimes just not thinking.lol
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2008