Washing face with Dove, even with acne prone skin???

So, I have acne...not majorly bad but considering I'm 25 I don't think I should have to deal with it anymore. I've tried noxema original then noxema with salicylic acid and it helped a little but not great then I got Clean and Clear with benzoyl peroxide and it does seem to help more. I've been using it about 2 weeks and my skin is better but I'm still getting pimples and I just wanna find something to make them not come up as often. I wash my face EVERY night and EVERY morning and I exfoliate 2x/week and I moisturize with an oil free moisturizer and my face is still a little dry. Someone told me to try Dove because it will gently wash and moisturize my face better and will help clear my skin up. Will this really work?

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 10:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You have to be really careful with some moisturizers. I have not used dove but I am 31 and have acne off and on. I use Noxema. Everyone's skin reacts differently. I also use the ST. Ives apricot scrub and it works wonders.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I really like the Clearisil that they sell in a set...it has the cleanser,toner,acne spot treatment and moisturizer. I have never used Dove though.
    Sammy1984

Answer by Sammy1984 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I am not sure about Dove I would think IMO that Dove may be good if you have sensitive school. I like to use Aveeno I have been using it for years and the moisturizer works very well for my skin.

NewMayMommy_25

Answer by NewMayMommy_25 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• LoL I MUST be very very sleepy I meant skin not school =)
    NewMayMommy_25

• Dove made me break out SOOO bad. The ONLY thing I've found that worked for me is Cetaphil anti-bacterial bar. I've tried everything from drug stores, some from Avon and Mark, and things like Proactive.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Dove is one of the harshest soaps out there. Stay away

You are doing TOO MUCH to your skin and it may be producing more oil and causing acne as a result.

Use a gentle cleanser that does not have any petrochemicals, parabans, SLS, or phthalates - all nasty for the skin. All you need is a gentle cleanser, and a chemical-free moisturizer suited for your skin type. You can also try avoiding dairy, which is known to exacerbate acne.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You're using a good regimen as there are 5 steps to follow for healthy skin regardless of skin type: cleanse, exfoliate, freshen, moisturize & protect. Be sure your products are for combination skin. I would recommend Mary Kay products if you haven't tried already. The Miracle Set is great. I have been using it for about two years. I'm 28 now. My skin has improved to the point where I say it feels like "baby skin" :-) There is also an acne fighting set that works really well, I recommended it for my niece just this week & in just a few days her skin began showing improvement.
    I am a licensed cosmetologist & beauty consultant & continue to learn about & share the importance of skin care each day. Feel free to try the personal beauty profiler on my website: http://www.marykay.com/galvarado9/whatsnew/personalbeautyprofiler/
    It may help you find what you need. I hope it helps! :-)
    -Grace
    MamisAngels

Answer by MamisAngels at 8:41 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I do it all the time and I have beautiful skin that is still acne prone

MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Clean and Clear is the worst thing for your face!! I would try Burt's Bees Carrot facial soap. It is all natural, does not contain parabens or phthalates (which are terrible for your general health, and are found in pretty much all drugstore brands), and the carrot oil helps heal acne lesions without stripping your face of it's natural oils. It's pretty inexpensive too, 8 bucks a bar and it will last many months. This is the only thing I have found that helps my acne. Good luck! www.burtsbees.com

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2011