To my witchy friends :)

What is it exactly that you study? I studied some things before but I don't like using the whole spell casting and tools. Any suggestions? I am a nature freak and feel very close to nature and the spirit world

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I study a bit of everything as well.

And remember, you don't have to practice witchcraft to be "Pagan" and or honor/worship the Earth: 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I study a little of everything as I can get my hands on it. I started on just basic Witchcraft history and theories and the like, then moved on to meditation and divination, now I'm on herbs and starting crystals and stones, and I will be looking into chakras and herbs and stuff I can growo inside or on my porch. I rarely use tools or spells, but I use spells maybe once a month at most.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I started out reading Silver Ravenwolfs beginner books then moved on to Scott Cunningham. From there, I get more in depth with spell work and divination, herbs, crystals, candles. Today I am studying Reiki, natural/herbal medicine, astral projection, Chakras.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I studied Scott Cunningham and other various writers things. I read up on tarot cards and then crystals and crystal healing(still studying up on those things) and trying to understand herbs better.

Right now though my focus is on connecting daily to the Divine so Im reading a book by a lady named Deborah Blake. So far its a very interesting read, I like her style and her wit. Im not too far into it(its called The Goddess is in the Details).

Im also learning to make candles as thats something I feel very drawn to do.

I honestly dont go as all out as many do in reading and studying. If it interests me than I find books that fit that bill and read and study them. If someone suggests a book that piques my interest then I read it(if I can find it). I just have never felt I needed to absorb everything about every subject for me to connect or be spiritual and smart.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I don't ever stick to one subject. I love history, ancient religion, history, tools & spell work, sorcery, potion making (which I'm rather new too), natural remedies & medicine, herbology, geology, gems & rocks, and anything else that happens to spark my interest... I guess my advice would be if you're interested in nature, start there. Green living is a HUGE subject for me because I never learned this stuff growing up, and I really want my kids to. Natural health is another biggy for me - healthy eating, exercise, meditation, affirmations and so on... I'm going to try and go as far as growing some of my own medicinal herbs this year.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Oh, another subject you may want to look at is Nature Spirits! I read a book called "Monsters: An Investigator's Guide" and I have been hooked on Metaphysical Creatures and Beings ever since!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• That is something I studied before and I actually found it very interesting and soothing : )Thanks hun
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I read just about everything pertaining to witchcraft ... even stuff that I think is weird. I started out with Tarot a long time before I figured out this was the right path. I am now looking into Kabbalah (I am drawn to the numbers) and natural/herbal medicines. I have books on Chakras, crystals, spells, etc.

If you want to chat or ask me anything, just PM me. Sometimes it takes me a few days to respond, so don't think I'm ignoring you if you decide to send me a message. =o)
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Thanks so much Spirited witch I appreciate it : )
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I think that is my problem too Sabrina. I can't stick to one subject hahaha
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2011