Any video or people that may help???

ok so my dh bought me a sewing machine on a whim b/c i mentioned one day that i wanted to take up sewing. yeah that didnt go so well it took me two hours to just thread the thing!!! and i feel bad cuz i wanna use it and start making cute things for mu kids but really i am intimidated ny this thing i need like sewing for dummies literally. i live on post in fort campbell kentucky and was wondering if anyone lived by that had LOTS of patience or knew of vodeos that went really slow so i could get the ball rolling b/c i hat for this to just sit and collect dust!! i mean you should have saw his face when he brought it home and inside i was thinking what the hell am i gonna do with this??? i mean he can even sew better than me but he has no patience with me!! help before i have to secretly sell it behind his back!! hahaha!!

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 10:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I would also suggest reading the manual it came with and try each function as you read it. That helped me a lot when I started sewing.. now I can't stop! lol
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 10:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Try Youtube. I learned how to Crochet that way and have made tons of blankets
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i may but i tried a couple but the ones i watched went way to fast for me but i may give it another chance
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• oh. I think there are some that are broken down. I have a sewing machine here and girl let me tell ya lol. I have no patience with it.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/113532

join this group!!!! everyone will be able to help!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 10:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• see i did that and it unthreading the machine so dh hubby took it back for a new one and the lady said that this model they dont make anymore and it's not a real singer but the upgrade was WAY out of our price range
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• ok bdflykisses i tried this an it says no such thing?
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• ok so i found them thank you bdflykisses!!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2011