My sister lied about her birth control to get married - I'm annoyed

I always thought that my sister was "smarter than that" about getting pregnant, but I just passed it off being that she said that it was accidental (on the pill). Now my mother told me that she really wasn't, that my sister had admitted to not being on the pill. My sister has kids already which she was given a house on top of child support from her ex-husband. My mother said that she was lonely and didn't want to be single any more. But my god, to such extremes?!

I just want to slap my sister so badly. Why do women do this? I've always been honest to my men throughout my life.

Why do women do this?

Thanks in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Because she is not you. She isn't going to be like you. She makes her own mistakes and has her own issues. You may not understand and you don't have to like it but she is your sister and the more you badger her the worse it will get. Trust me.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Until your in her head or she tells you straight out that's what was intended, don't think you know how she feels or what she's thinking or why she's doing what she's doing.
    Anonymous

• IDK but some women do. It is hard to start a relationship on a lie it usually comes to a bad end.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I think why she did it is pretty obvious: that she is morally bankrupt
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Unfortunately not everyone is going to do things or make the same decisions as you (or me or the guy down the street.)

You are entitled to your feelings about what she has done. They are your feelings. But you don't have a right to judge her because you haven't walked in her shoes. Easy to say, and very hard to do.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• morals don't exist... you do whats good for you at the time. ppl are just self serving .. we all are {anyone who denys its insane} so i say just let it go.. it may end up good for her maby not ..
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 11:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I dont understand what is the point of lieing to men. It doesnt make them like you anymore if anything it will be less. But i would just let her live and learn but i dont understand what the point of it is. yes she may be lonely but family is always there.
    jessica42708

Answer by jessica42708 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2011