Pre term labor??

I am 23 weeks and at high risk for pre term labor today i cant tell if im having braxton hicks or what my lower back is really crampy and around my belly button every few minutes it gets tight with sharp pains in my hips. I cant tell though if my stomach is tighting or if its the baby im feeling. What would you do?

Destins_Mommy

Asked by Destins_Mommy at 10:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor or midwife.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• BH will go away on their own, labor pains will not. BH will not form a definite pattern, labor pains will. BH will not increase in intensity, labor pain will. Of course call your Dr. or midwife, they know your situation best. But if the pains are random, not intensifying, and/or go away it's not preterm labor. If they form a definite long term pattern and are intensifying then head to labor and delivery. BH can be as painful as real contractions, but they won't keep getting worse and worse, the pain will hit a high and taper off.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• um i dont feel labor.. so i was like that.. i had 4 bouts of preterm labor i trusted my instincts and went n when i didn't feel right.. trust your feeling if u feel like your in labor go to the er.
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 11:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Id call my dr but there such jerk offs they want 15 dollars to talk to someone after there closed! crazy huh!!!
    Destins_Mommy

Comment by Destins_Mommy (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Hun if you are questioning your self its better just to go in and be safe.
    jessica42708

Answer by jessica42708 at 11:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• If it's still doing in this morning go in and get checked. I had the same thing 3 weeks ago and couldn't feel a tightening and I was contracting and dilating from 0 to 1 1/2 while i was there for 30 min......had to take mag sulfate IV for a day and half then sent home with meds and doing fine. GL!
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 9:56 AM on Apr. 13, 2011