Would it bother you if you had 6 or 7 neighbor kids coming over everyday?

I babysit full time 1st shift. I would like to have some peace in the evenings. The kids play in my backyard and are quiet loud. If we go somewhere thekids are running up to the car when we arrve

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Then speak to their parents
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• You're luckier than you realize. My daughter and I live in a neighborhood with mostly old people. She's not in school so she hasn't made any friends yet and very rarely has other kids to play with. I feel awful about it. I wish she had other kids to play with, i hate to think that she's lonely.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 11:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• YES! and I only have 3 that come over, and not all at once. No matter how many times you say no it's 5 more times of knocking AND trying to just walk in... Serious issues!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I don't like other people's kids. Sounds mean but I just don't have the patience for a group of kids, especially at the ages mine are. Nine year old boys tend to be annoying at times.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I never midned having lots of children at our house as long as they played nicely and we respectful to us and our property. Only had a problem once. As for the kids running up to you when you get home, it's apparent their parents don't want them around so they come to you. Must be a better place to be.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 11:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It doesn't bother me much. My kids play with the neighbors every time we go out front. Sometimes it includes their friends, too. I don't mind it. The kids have formed great friendships with each other and we have with their parents. I like talking with them, the kids are entertained and I don't have to worry about where they are or what they are doing at someone elses house!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I hated it when there were always other kids at the house. It made me feel like a free babysitting service. While my daughter enjoyed having friends over, I think they all should play at their house sometimes too. I like peace and quiet at the end of the day just as much as the next person. I finally had to find a nice way to discuss it with the parents and some weren't so happy about it. BUT we were much happier in the long run.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 11:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I would get annoyed when the kids in the neighbourhood would come and ring the door bell at nap time. It's the same time every day and I've told their parent's that there are still children in my house who nap and when. I'm not sure if they know when their kids are calling on mine but that bother's me. What bother's me most now is when they come and call on my dd and then she comes home sad because one girl had candy and was sharing with everyone who was on her "list" and my dd wasen't on the "list". I've told her that I don't want her playing with the girls if they are going to treat her that way but she is more forgiving than me.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It doesn't usually bother me as long as they all stay outside and don't ask for stuff. I have 4 kids (10, 9, 8 and 5...plus the baby but he doesn't count in the scope of this discussion) so we end up with a lot of kids at our house. They do NOT come inside usually. My kids can go outside an play with them, especially if the weather is nice. There's no reason for them to be inside. If they get too loud and rowdy around the house I have no problem telling them to play somewhere else (like someone else's yard). One day I looked out in the front yard and there were at least 12 kids outside playing including my 4. It was kind of nice.
    The only time I get irritated is when my kids have told them they don't want to play but the same kids keep coming back every 10 minutes ringing the bell to see if they changed their minds.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:48 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It only bothers my wallet. They eat me out of everything. People look at me funny when I go and buy juice by the cart full. LOL But, I like it because I can keep an eye on what is going on.
    juliemomx2

Answer by juliemomx2 at 8:19 AM on Apr. 13, 2011