Is being a stay at home mom a "real" job?

lesliebry

Asked by lesliebry at 11:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• The hardest one I ever had.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• its alot of work so yup.
    samantha2111

Answer by samantha2111 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Um yes it is. Its not just sitting on your but playing on the computer. We cook, clean, take care of the yard, take care of the kids day and night. We don't have a night or day off and even if we did get one off our minds are always on the kids.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• In every way, yes. Think about it, if you don't work from home, you are still working around the house like you were a house maid, a care taker of kids, the hired chef and it's all in one. If you add a job into it, you now do even more! The opportunity I am taking allows me to do all of that, but it gives me my own space and time to work around as I see fit. Sure, I might decide I want a quiet day, but we as mom's still do a lot...

My question is, do men really think we do nothing all day, and have TIME to do what we really want to do!?
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• well im a sahm!! I get up at 5:30 every morning get the kids dressed and off to school. Get the baby up, feed him, do everything around the house. cleaning, cooking yoda yoda yoda while keeping the baby occupied. Then the kids get home. Give em a snack help with homework, take em to ball practice. fix supper. Give baths, and put them all to bed. My hubby helps when I ask but I mostly do everything. So yes in my opinion it is a "real" job. im on mom duty 24 hours a day!!!
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• You know, I've heard other women say how difficult it is but I've been home for the past 2 weeks because I've had no one to watch my daughter and i think it's the greatest things ever. It takes maybe an hour to clean and the rest of the day it's just me and my daughter doing whatever. And grocery shopping isn't really a choir, i think it's kind of fun to get out of the house. I wish I had the luxury of staying at home instead of working.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 11:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Here we go again..
    Anonymous

• Yes.

There is some winch on here that claims it is not because you are not given a check at the end of each week BUT there are SEVERAL definitions of the word JOB.

The work a SAHM does falls under that.
    Anonymous

• Its not always a luxury. It is work regardless. Most of us it takes longer depending on the size of a house you have. I do EVERYTHING around here. My husband is military and works odd house. I love it don't get me wrong but I wouldn't consider it a luxury
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I was a sahm for years and it was harder than actually going to work! On duty 24-7, no breaks, cooking, cleaning, school and all that goes with that. But definetely the most REWARDING job I've ever had!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2011