Being too motherly a bad thing??

I was told once when I was 19 that my house was too home-y and it wasn't the fun place to be with my friends because of that. I cooked dinner and stuff when friends came over and I mean a real dinner, like steak, homemade mashed potatoes, Mac & cheese kinda thing and apparently it was too homey because it wasn't pizza and chips?? LOL I never understood! then my sister says now that I'm a mother (I'm 24) that I'm too motherly and don't act the way I use to, and don't get crazy when going out...whats the deal? I dont get it lol! It's funn too me actually but what do you think this means?

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 11:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• eh...you are who you are and people need to respect and accept that. I mean so what? I find it soothing to know that you are being responsible
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I'll be stopping by for dinner. I could use some good cooking. I think you make a house a home! Good job!
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 11:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Giving tree I actually did make all my dd food LOL too funny! My Sis had a field day with the fact that I would slave in the kitchen every week making food for the following week. She would give me crap for it not being bottled which I didn't see what wS wrong with eithe way I just chose to do it myself.
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I love being motherly. Maybe she means that you define yourself in one word "mother" and have left out your other personalities. But you can be more than one at a time. You can be funny and motherly at the same time. My daughter always tells me i'm silly.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 11:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I agree with Tiff on this one. I for a while lost myself and realized I can do both : )
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 11:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Hahaha thanks but then why is it my man complains abOut the damn laundry hahah! I do the laundry but dammit I hate putting it away!
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Tiff good point!! I never thought of that at all. I do realize that when I'm with my dd it's hard for me to be myself because I'm making sure she's ok or not bothering others. Even when she's not around and there are friends kids around I can't help but to give them lts if attention...which is crazy because I was one of those peoPle that HATED kids!! But when I'm notvaround them I'm myself, I think....I mean I am definitely alot more cautious about things, not dressing as skimpy as I use to, and don't act like an attention whore like I use to...well I guess I have changed alot...huh never crossed my mind. But then why is it that she doesn't like that I'm not like that anymore? She has 4 kids...she should understand, right?
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Personally what it sounds like to me is that you have grown up.

" don't act the way I use to, and don't get crazy when going out"

Regardless of what you do without your kids you are still a mom and you know that your actions could affect them. Its not a bad thing.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Once you have kids, it changes who you are. You become more responsible than when you were in school. Once you are a mother, things change. You can't be a teenager forever.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I say good for you! You care for your kids and don't feel the need to go out and party!
    tnmommy2010

Answer by tnmommy2010 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 13, 2011