Reglan. anyone takeing it to increase milk supply?

my Dr called it n for me today. i pump and pump never even get an ounce.. i want desperately to give my daughter the antibodies but im just not producing milk..

Kittty_Katt

Asked by Kittty_Katt at 11:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have never taken Reglan, but have taken domperidone, which is very similar, even supposedly a little less effective than Reglan, and it worked WONDERS for my supply. Within about a week I went from pumping 4-6 ounces a day to pumping 30.

Domperidone is not FDA approved, so it isn't covered by insurance and is expensive, and it also has to be made at a compounding pharmacy. But I highly recommend looking into it instead of the Reglan....way less side effects.

Reglan:
    http://www.drugs.com/reglan.html

Domperidone:
    http://www.drugs.com/cons/domperidone.html
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 2:43 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• never took never heard of it before; I had problems getting my milk to come in also even after pumping for an hour I would get 2 ounces at the most. It is disheartening but if your doctor feels that this will help then I would trust my doctor and see how things go. Good Luck
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:41 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Reglan has the nasty side effect of depression.

Is baby on the breast at all? It will help.

Drop by the breastfeeding moms group; I think we can really help you.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• im on Domperidone. the Dr said reglan but pharmacy gave me Domperidone. { they're pretty much the same thing } my insurance covered it just fine. she loves breast feeding.. she will take a bottle if i have to but adores the closeness for breastfeeding.
    Kittty_Katt

Comment by Kittty_Katt (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2011