Who has seen the Extreme Couponing show on TLC yet?

lexhalo

Asked by lexhalo at 11:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• I am blown away by that show!! Some lady had over a $1000 worth of groceries and only paid like $10!! But it is crazy how much they store in their home too. I have never seen anything like it....
    AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 4:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Amazing show! I was very proud of myself when I noticed how much these people and myself had in common when it comes to couponing! Unfortunatly IL doesnt have any stores that I know of that do double coupon days or else I could do what they do. I still save 100-200 a trip and always pay under 100
    AKSauseda

Answer by AKSauseda at 11:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I love that show, it's amazing. Even my 8 year old daughter likes it.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 11:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Love that show! My son has set that as my goal, to be on the show. lol
    catsmom1993

Answer by catsmom1993 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It's cool, but extreme like the name says. I don't see how buying 50 bottles of mustard just because you get them for cheaper is any good for anyone. Like the PP, there are no stores in my area that doubles or triples coupons. Most have the only one coupon per customer or cannot be combined with any other offer disclaimers. I do use coupons. I make it a point to never walk in a store without one. But the most I've saved is $60 on a $200 order which I think is amazing. And that was me matching up with sales and everything. I'm not mad at these couponers though. I've very anti corporations so I'm totally on the couponers' side.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• @Keisha have you check yourstores actual rules for coupons? i adore the show and its got me starting to use coupons,im 21and never really used em. buti thought the storesin my area only use one coupon per purchase with no doubling etc, but i found outi was misinformed when i started looking into it. although im novice i really want to get better, and savebig bucks lol
    Zombi3Princ3ss

Answer by Zombi3Princ3ss at 12:14 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I find it interesting but I think it's almost like a form of OCD to some of these folks and comes of as seriously unhealthy. People skip time with their SOs to clip coupons and grocery shop? Who needs 8 years worth of tooth brushs? How many times can you eat spaghetti in a period of time? Hopefully alot because home girl just bought two years worth.
    Sparklecoon

Answer by Sparklecoon at 2:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I just watched the first 2 episodes, and I thought I was a Coupon Queen. Now I will have to rethink my strategies, I want to save more but not buy 50 bottles of mustard at a time.
    lexhalo

Comment by lexhalo (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2011