Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know about the noise las for north caroline i have a nieghbor who is blasting there radio at 12 at night and my son is sick and cant seem to get any rest was wondering what the laws were before i called the police

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • I'd just call your police stations non-emergency number and ask them if there's anything they can do.

    Have you tried asking your neighbor yourself first?

    Answer by EverydayMomma at 11:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • no they are drunks and have complained to the lanlord one time they have been pretty quiet till the last few months they dotn wrk and there bills are paid by there parents

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • Call the non-emergency number, and tell them, PLZ you do not want any trouble just come through there.......

    I am in N.C, and it does very, by county.

    9pm is acceptable to me ?

    Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • were in caldwell county and i thank 9 am is ok to but they ahve it going amd its 12 am we moved to get away from drama at the place now i see we have it here

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • I knowin MA it is to be quiet after 11pm I can't imagin its much different down there. Even if your wrong ask when you call. YOUR CHILD COMES FIRCT ALWAYS RIGHT!!

    Answer by 15years2kidsnow at 12:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • yes i agree my kid comes first they are ahveing a fuckin party i jsut looked

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • I live in NC and actually the law is 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. Call the police and tell them you neighbors are making too much noise and ask them to come and quiet them down. Also tell them you don't like to complain but you and your children need sleep and you have to work tomorrow.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • I'd call the police and let them handle it

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • Agree with the MA mama as I'm in MA too. I imagine that 12 midnight is totally unacceptable pretty much anywhere!

    Answer by rio_burb at 10:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • Its called "disturbing the peace" the police, and if you can, get video footage to prove the loud noise, and begin writing down times they're loud- to see if there's a pattern. Btwn 10pm and 7am, especially in residential areas- ppl are expected to be respectfully quiet. Good luck!

    Answer by lexi8622 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.