Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know how to make child support speed up? I've been trying for three years now, and still nothing.

Answer Question

Asked by jessica42708 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 4 (42 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • I live in Ohio and my boys father has never paid a dime. they keep sending him warnings, but still no results. Sorry I wish I could give you happy news. I know what you are going through.

    Answer by JeretsHero at 12:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • If the parent works you can have a judgement done in court to garnish his wages instead of wating for payments. They can toss him into jail for nonpayment.

    Answer by TwinkleLites at 12:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • Twinkle.. can that be done without him doing the DNA test. He is running.

    Comment by jessica42708 (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • I live in Canada and my dad never payed childsupport. Once the gov. caught up with him all of his income tax would come to me and my sister, so we'd get a cheque every year at tax time or when his driver's liscence was to be renewed he had to pay extra so we'd get a cheque then. I did get some satisfaction when me and dh bought our first house and I knew that he could never own a house in his name or his wifes name because of how much child support he owed. A few years ago he came to my mom asking her if she would sign a settlement that stated he owed $$$, no where near how much he acutally owed. If she agreed then he would pay it over 2 years. If he missed a payment he would go to jail. Catch was he needed to have her sign right away or he would loose his liscence. She took it to her lawyer to look at and he did loose his liscence for a few days waiting on my mom. She did agree and he finally paid when I was 25. DBD

    Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • if he isn't doing the DNA test and didn't sign the birth certificate, I don't think they can order child support. He's not admitting it so someone needs to order a DNA test be done. If he doesn't agree to it, then I don't know. You need to contact an attorney and have a free consult to learn the laws in your state.

    Answer by calliesmommie at 1:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • I myself have not had to deal with this, but no several people who have. My best friend has been waiting for 14 years for child support. She has 2 kids. He was constantly on the move, put in jail, move again.
    Good Luck!

    Answer by MrsDAP at 8:30 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • But if they are put in Jail the state covers the payment then he owes the state correct.

    Comment by jessica42708 (original poster) at 9:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.