I am SOOO itchy!!! Is this normal??

I'm super itchy....like not really on my tummy just mostly on my legs. I haven't really eaten anything weird. The only thing I can think of is that my dosage of Zoloft has gone up (only to 50mg) I can't think of anything else except for that and dry skin. Also...its really only certain places. Its like I will scratch and scratch until there is like a welt there or a patch of red. Idk...I go see the doctor tomorrow I will make sure to say something about it.

Has anyone gone through this? Idk whats going on but its driving me crazy!

Btw I'm 9 weeks..

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Umm in my experience the crazy itching was new stretch marks, sorry:(
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• No I haven't gained enough weight yet for it to be stretch marks...but thanks for the suggestion! hmmm...
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• With my last one I was so itchy, it was because of dry skin. I went through aveeno like there was no tomorrow.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:21 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• eek! i dont know. maybe the zoloft is too much and your body is reacting to it, but i don't know, there's so many different things that can cause it. i would say something to him about it. i remember in november, the upper half of my body was crazy itchy and my dr gave me a benadryl shot and it fixed the problem, and i havent had much allergies at all yet this year. hopefully your dr can help you out with something!
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Itching comes along with pregnancy. Sometimes there is no reason for it. Though, it could very likely be the dry skin.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 5:09 AM on Apr. 13, 2011