When did you transition your little one from a crib to a bed?

CaseyErin

Asked by CaseyErin at 12:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My plan was to get my son into a big boy bed once he could climb out of his crib. I did not want him getting hurt trying to get out. However, that day never came. When he was a little over three we moved into a house and decided to not set up the crib, and instead put him in a bed. He was old enough to understand the change, so I for him three was a good age.

We had tried putting him in a toddler bed at grandma's house when he turned 2 but he would just get out and get out and get out, it would take him hours to finally sleep. In the crib he would be asleep within minutes.

I think it really depends on you and your child and what works best for both of you.
    enohp04

Answer by enohp04 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I bought my daughter a twin bed when she was 2 years old. I skipped the toddler bed because it's the same size as the crib so what's the point?
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I skipped the toddler bed thing with all my kids too. No side rails either, Regular mattress on the floor if you have hardwood/tile floors or if you have carpet, putting the box spring & mattress stacked on the floor. I was always worried about them hurting themselves on bedframes.
    since_3.18.93

Answer by since_3.18.93 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We moved DD into a toddler bed a couple months before she turned 3
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• 2 years.. He matured that night ( got a little wiser) He felt proud!!
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 3:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• when you can see your baby standing up on the bed and looks to big or looks like they can fall out. If your baby can get out of the crib on their own lol. when there just isnt any more room for the baby to sleep.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2011