How do i get my baby to stop pulling and playing with my hair

My son who is 20 month old is very playfull baby and when i put him to bed i usually lay next to him just so he would fall asleep at the same time i get some rest too. I am not so sure what i did wrong in the beginning of his growing up and how he anded up being agrassively pulling, tossing my hair. Tere were days that my hair roots would hurt so bad that i skip brushing them because of everyday my son would keep doing same thing over and over. I being mad and sometimes cry, then i slap his hands lightly letting him know how much it hurts to me but nothink works what ever i did to stop him. Does enyone have answer to this, sorry its too long

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He probably likes the feel of your hair. Children touch things to learn. Just tell him to be easy. Show him what you mean by touching his hair gently. Keep that up until he understands. You could also buy him a pillow pet that has hair in case he is doing it to soothe himself to sleep.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'd handle it like you would teach him how to deal with animals. "Be gentle" and show him what does not hurt.
    since_3.18.93

Answer by since_3.18.93 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Maybe try keeping your hair up in a bun or a pony tail and catch him while he's reachign for your hair, before he actually grabs it..and hold his hands and firmly say "NO"
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2011