Do any of you SAHM's ever feel overwhelmed? Do you feel that the things you do is not good enough??

Honestly I do. I have 2 small girls ages 1 & 2. My husband is gone for 4 days working in another state and comes home for 4 days. Anyways I always feel like no matter what I do is good enough. I cook clean do the laundry, caring for the girls, pay bills, run errands etc. And when I don't accomplish anything I feel like a big failure and I catch myself crying when everyones asleep, like if I don't finish the dishes or vaccum it bothers me till I do it. Sometimes I will be cleaning and doing stuff at 3 am when everyone is sleeping what do you think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• U need some me time before u self destruct. Where your family? Anyone watch the kids for a few hours? Maybe even a few days when the hubby's home and have some adult time for a day or so just u 2?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Ahhh I do the same thing!! Here I am busting my butt for free and feeling like its not good enough. I think the problem is sahm's are paid with love and appreciation and sometimes our loved ones take what we do for granted, so we feel like we're not doing a good enough job....at least that's why I think I feel the way I do sometimes. Just this morning my DH was leaving for work and made a comment about the yard looking trashed (the kids had left all their outside toys all over the evening before) and I wanted to burst into tears. I wanted to scream hey! I cooked a huge meal last night, did homework, got 5 kids ready for bed. you clean the damn yard!! Of course I said nothing and as soon as he left I cleaned the yard. I know he wasn't blaming me or knocking my abilities to keep my home clean, but I took it so personally.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 12:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Everything you said I'm going through too. I stay up late too trying to get work done around the house since my husband works 2nd shift. It never fails he finds things I haven't done. I agree with what other people wrote in-need adult time (What's that?) SAHM's are taken for granted. My marriage has hit a very low. My husband hardly gets too see his son since he's working and feels left out and becomes envious of me being home and finds more work for me to do.
    MommabearGrr

Answer by MommabearGrr at 8:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I feel the same way, I talked to my SO about my feelings and he told me how great i do and that he could never do as much as i do and how he doesn't know how I do it... Try talking to your husband, Maybe you need to hear it from him. Ypu can only do so much, don't stress yourself, enjoy your time with your kids!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:23 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• all the time
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You need a break. I have two small children and my husband travels ALOT also. He is usually gone from Monday until Thursday night. You need to hire a sitter if you don't have anyone to come help you and go out alone. Go get your hair done, get a pedicure, go out with the girls, to a movie...whatever.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2011