Any others out there with a husband with Bipolar Autism??

If not please bump this question. I'd really appreciate it. I'm guessing there aren't a lot of people out there in this situation so this question might not be very popular to answer but I really need to find someone who knows what I've been through. Thanks.

Court128

Asked by Court128 at 12:31 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• You may be able to find a group of women with a bipolar husband or an autistic husband. They may not have both but it could help you with each disorder individually. Godd luck to you!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My sister's future ex husband has bipolar schizophrenia, but thats a different thing. He's a freakin' NUTCASE! :) I'm sure your hubby is a doll, though :)
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I appreciate all the bumps ladies! Thanks! My husband and I are actually separated and are eventually getting divorced but since he's the father of my son I want to help him however he'll let me and however I can. Even though I'm not with him anymore it would still be nice to talk to someone who has shared similar experiences to me.
    Court128

Comment by Court128 (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My DF was never taken to a Dr.(his mother had way too much to hide from other people) for fear of an actual problem.. I do believe he fights a minor bipolar disorder though. At this point I have had to learn to never say anything, because he knows there are times he can not control his moods.. I love him and will work with him as much as necessary. my mother ended up in an abussive relationship when i was a little girl, but she was never 'too ashamed' of herself to make sure that i recieved the counciling/therapy i needed. for that i Thank her. it helped me. she put me first... I cant change time and see to it that my DF got help when he needed it most, but i can be here for him now and from now on. His mother cant hurt him anymore.
    I Commend You and your Endless efforts. My heart is with You and Yours.
    jayme009

Answer by jayme009 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I think my DH is Bi-polar...he can be happy one min and a completely different person within a few mins ...there is alot of stress right now, but he has always been this way. I have mentioned him seeing a Dr...but he swears Bi-polar is just a word the medical community made up! Oh lord he gets on my nerves with that. I wish he would understand there is a real problem...As far as the autism goes I certainly wish you and your DH the best...there are many treatments

justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011