Had anyone ever died in your arms?

I know odd question, but my husband passed away in my arms and as sad as it was, I was also so grateful he wasn't alone. It was 4 am and I was fighting to stay awake. Something kept me up long enough to say I loved him and good bye. How woul dyou feel if this happened?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• No person, but 3 weeks ago our 14 year old dog passed away in my arms. It was the most beautiful thing, if you can say such a thing. 5 minutes before he passed he stood up and was panting and wagging his tail (like he could see his best friend who had passed before him)..
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 10:10 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• No. Not sure I could handle that

Answer by admckenzie at 12:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• my best friend shot himself in the face while holding onto me :/ i guess it wouldn't be the same thing as what happened to you
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 12:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Omg what a sad thing for you to have to go thru...ive never been thru this and I hope I never do.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 12:43 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• While I've never had a person die in my arms (my 18-year-old cat died right in my arms, though), I would want to be there. Nobody should have to die alone and away from the people who love them.

The shutting down of the body and hospice process is very difficult to watch, and sometimes scary. But the actual act of dying is very peaceful and nothing to be afraid of.

I admire your courage.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 12:54 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Not in my arms, but I was sitting on my grandpa's bed when he passed in the hospital.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:57 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• aw....As sad as this is so many people don't get this privlage to be held as they die...I am so sorry for your loss.I work for hospice so deal with dealth everyday but when its your loved ones its just closer to your heart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss. All of you.
    I was in the same room as my grandfather exited this life.
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 1:48 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I've had two of my hospice patients die while I was holding them, one was a 99-year-old woman, the other was a three-week-old baby, does that count?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:23 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Oh honey. Im sorry to hear about your loss. My Grandpa, my grandma, and my best friend.
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 13, 2011