Suicide

I really think I'm going to go drive myself off a cliff. I can't handle my daughter anymore she is defiant she wont listen to me,my sons are out of control. I tell them they cant go to maverik and they went anyways. My daughter got caught smoking pot so I grounded her then she snuck off. I even told her she could have friends over just to be nice. I'm done with this. My kids dont listen I'm nothing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• I hope that you are still with us reading all of our responses. Suicide is not the answer to your problems. Teenagers are tough, they are defiant, difficult at times and downright evil sometimes. They do get better. Last winter, I thought I was going to lose it too. The best thing I could do was tell my husband I needed some time away - and take a few days away from everything. Stress plays terrible tricks on your mind and emotions, it can make you feel like the whole world is closing in on you. If you have a church, please go talk to your clergyman. If you have a close relative, talk to them. Or call a hotline, join a support group for parents of teenagers. They understand, we understand. Hugs.
    catsmom1993

Answer by catsmom1993 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• BE STRONG MAMA. Suicide is not the answer. I have felt so down before, I thought about it too, but it's NOT the solution!!!! Please don't go there. Think about when your kids were babies. They love you sooooooo much!!! despite their behavior!!!!
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 12:59 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Be strong! It's not personal. They are doing what kids do. Just know they will mature and get past this "know it all" stage and realize the things you are telling them are for the best.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 1:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• suppose u commit suicide...will everything b alright after that...suicide is not an answer to any of the life's problem...ur kids will b lost completely...be strong...take a break...have a pondering session with urself...they will listen...if not now...then after some days...
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Plus, think of them as adults. Knowing that they were the ones that drove you to that will be something they have to live with for the rest of their lives.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 1:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My sister and I were rough teens too. When they push you push back harder. You've got to find what will get the point across the best. My older sister and I once told my mother we hated her and wished she would die, so my step-father came to out school the next day to tell us that our mother had been killed in a car crash. He took us home and, just as we were feeling good and guilty and crying so hard we couldn't breath, he told us the truth. That straightened us out.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 1:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Teenagers are defiant period! I hope you certainly won't consider suicide, my daughter use to sneak out with friends, smoke pot, skip school and there were times I wanted to pull my hair out...but she is an adult now with children of her own , a job and no longer thinks like a teenager.Trust me..your doing nothing wrong...your children are being defiant...but it will pass...I promise and if you hurt yourself...truly were would these kids be......

justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 2:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• suicide will not help your problems or your childrens! :( Please know that there is a God who loves you, and there is a family that needs you. I will be praying for you and your situation. Sending love your way <3
    jtruax

Answer by jtruax at 7:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I made my mom cry a lot when I was a teen. But she had 4 teen girls. Now we're all grown up & pleasantly pregnant. She has 5 grand boys & 3 on the way. We were awful but it DID pass! I wish I knew why I acted the way I did because it's completely inexcusable! Hold on, just a few years to go. Just know you did your best!
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 2:19 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I think it's important to remember that it'sok for your kids to hate you as long as you are doing whats best for them! Lets face it it's completely normal to go through that phase of hating our parents! Be strict and be a part of their lives, it proves you care! If you're really considering suicide I reccomend www.postsecret.com An amazing community and it also has a number for a suicide hotline! as previously stated "this too shal pass"
    PRbyLaurie

Answer by PRbyLaurie at 2:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2011