Spanking

If you have tried everything but your teen was still being wreckless would you be afraid to spank them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• The problem with spanking a teenager is that they are old enough to fight back. my mother once tried to spank my sister when she was fifteen and my sister nearly broke her jaw. What do you mean by wrecklace?
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Depends on the size of the teen. I personally would not be spaning my 6 ft tall teen(hypothetically) when I am only 4'11. I probably would try to find other ways of disciplining him.
    MKSmom09

Answer by MKSmom09 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• unfortunatly, thats whats happening now because kids learn young that they can threaten thier parents with calling cps... dh always says "spank them when they are young so when they are teens who are younger and have more energy than i do, they wont fight me" respect starts at a young age, if a 3 year old wont respect a parent, there is a good chance at 13 they wont eather. its harder to spank a teen because of thier size and they know some laws, all they have to say is "my dad beats me" and here comes cps. if i had a teen and they were being outragous, things would start disapearing, no tv, computer, friends, ect. if that didnt work they would be down to a bed, dresser and clock in thier room.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 1:14 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• In my honest opinion and its only my opinion but I think a teenager is too old to be spanked. I think by that age there are other options that can punish them even more. Most teenagers are all about their material belongings and to have everything taken away is absolutely devastating. I remember being a teenager and my parents taking everything away the only thing I had was a mattress on the floor and I was pretty hurt

onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I have spanked my 13 year old but he grew up being spanked so it wasn't a shock to him that he could still be spanked. I wouldn't try spanking a teenager for the first time.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2011