I was told that if i was still using when I go into labor & have the baby that right when the baby comes out they would take him or her, True or0 False ????? and also if i got clean on a methadone maitnance progame would they stil take the baby and or could i be facing legal trouble>>>>>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My ex's step brother's girlfriend just had her 4th son, she was using while pregnant, and she ended up delivering early, although she thought she was having withdrawals. After she delivered, they tested the baby and right away took legal action, she ended up leaving the hospital and now her son is in the hands of the state.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Dependng on how far along u are and u do make the attempt to try and clean up and get get clean, the state will still more then likely take your baby. But as along as u r making the atempt NOW, u can stand a good chance of proving to the state u r trying to get straight, prove u r capable, theres a 95% chance of u getting your baby back. But u will have to want too and jump thru ALOT of hoops. But that will just prove to them that u r serious. Goodluck
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:23 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• If you are using you WILL NOT leave with your baby. If you're on methadone, that's a whole other story. My brother goes to a methadone clinic and has a very close friend there who just had a baby. She has her baby at home with her, but she is being monitored by child protective services. I'm sending a special prayer your way that you will find the strength to quit using for yourself and your new baby.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 1:24 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• YOu will not be able to take your baby home...YOu will be in my prayers, but please understand what that baby will go through once she is born. It's painful to watch a baby go through withdrawls...please do what's right for BOTH of you ((hugs))
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We take emergency foster placements and have had more than one.... if the baby is positive at birth, or the mom is giving reason to suspect usage and they test, often they remove the baby. I know you're probably in a difficult spot but think of the baby that has no choice other than to use... becoming an addictwithout ever being given a chance to be otherwise. Some of the withdrawls they face, and life-long problems are so sad to watch, especially knowing they had no choice.  Diaper rashes that bleed, crying and shakes, poor sleeping, lack of appetite, on and on it goes.  YES, you can face legal trouble.  Go now for help. Best of luck to you.

AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• FUCK I CANT HANDEL THIS SHIT THIS IS SO FUCKED UP I CANT STOP CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• OP~ you need to get some help before and after the baby is born....please~ this needs to be a selfless decision...your life is not the only one to consider anymore.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• THATS WHY IM REACHING OUT IIM 21YRS OLD I HAVE NO PARENTS OR FAMILY. I STARTING USING WHEN I WAS 13 WIT MY MOM. THEN SHE PRETTY MUCH DISOWNED ME & MY SISRER I DONT KNOW HOW
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Depends on if you and the baby test positive for heroin.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 1:59 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• u should get help from the state to quit even then they still may take your child and if you plan to use afterward you should give it up for adoption.. sorry im being harsh but its the best advice i can give
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 2:23 AM on Apr. 13, 2011