What should I do?

So my daughter was grounded just barely for smoking pot at someones house. Today she had her room locked and when I finally got in she wasn't their,she snuck off to a gas station to get a energy drink cause I wasn't gonna go get one. I'm not gonna jump when she wants something period. I took all of her makeup away,and I'm so tempted to shave her head bald. She said I will sluff school then,I said fine then you'll be in trouble with the school. I took her makeup away and now she is saying she refuses to go to school! WHAT???? She is being extremely lippy and swearing at us. I took off her door knob,took all her hair stuff away. I had to wrestle her to the ground to get her mascara,and face powder. I slapped her for being mouthy to us,you would've too if you were being talked to like that. She said if we spanked her that she would call the cops,I should just let her. I'm down to zero patience and I'm gonna go off on her BIG time. She is in bed along with my boys who also did exactly what they weren't suppose to do. I spanked their butts and told then why they got spanked and asked them if they thin what they did was so cool now and they said no. I'm going to the hospital tomorrow and requesting some I don't give a shit pills. What I'd like to know is what am I going to do,I'm tired I don't feel good I'm beyond stressed. I have NO family to turn too I'm disgusted and fed up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• How much sit down talking have you done or has it always been shouting?

The more you shout the less they will listen.

When I found out my daughter smoked pot I sat her with her BF and told them how I felt. I told the BF if he is going to do drugs with my daughter I would like it better if he would just shoot her in the head now. That would be a fast death, better than a slow death doing drugs.
    I did not take anything away from her, just had that long talk. She told me years later that she never did dope again, just that one time.

Teens are very hard to understand, and remember they do not understand us. But try to remember what you would of like your parents to do when you where young.

This time is very hard on the whole family, just take day by day. Don't forget to tell her you love her, and try to give her a hug.

Do fun things with her, bond together.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• If you want to scare her... you could file a report against her with the juvenile court system. You'll have to look it up to see how they do it in your area, but my mom did that to me when I was being disrespectful/sneaking out. They didn't send me to the campus, but the judge stuck me in a room for a few hours to scare me. I was 15. Just an option to consider. I hope things get better for you. *hugs*
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 1:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Call the cops if she won't go to school...or drag her in there and sit with her through out the whole day.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 1:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My sister hit my dad & she called the cops saying he beat her up (he didn't touch her). They saw marks all over him & nothing on her. They asked him if he wanted to press charges & they'd take her to juvenile hall.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 2:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Scare her shitless if you need to, she will straighten up. Call boot camp programs or services like that, community service or something. Let her know you are doing it, if it doesn't phase her it will when she's there. You could try and talk to her first though. Ask her what's wrong? What has changed in life, other than her hormones, that maybe is causing her to act up. GL
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 3:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I agree completely with taking away all her 'stuff' and her doorknob. You're doing great so far! If you have to call the cops to scare the poop out of her, then do it! If she calls the cops because you spank her, I doubt they are going to do anything except tell her she better straighten up. That's what they did when my mom beat the crap out of my sister. If you haven't had a sit-down with her yet, I suggest that as well, before all the other stuff goes down. Good luck, and I hope your DD can see that you love her and just want what is best for her.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:42 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It sounds like there's alot of violence and violence on her is only leading to violence on you. Honestly you're just making her madder by yelling at her you're teaching her to yell at you. Stuff usually goes better if you remain calm and sit and talk to her if you yell she's not going to listen she'll just rebel more. I agree w taking stuff away but I don't agree w the hitting. Once you took her stuff you should have just taken it and walked away and gave her and you a cool down
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Seems like there's a lot of stress going on over there. I agree with the taking of toys or game-boys or ipods, but taking her make-up and shaving her head seems more like shaming her than discipline. I think family counseling would be a good start, for everyone. All y'all need to sit down and talk it out. Set the rules out and the consequences and stick to them. Good luck. Not sure that spanking would do any good at this age, though I don't know what age she is, just that she's old enough to wear make-up. Slapping her and yelling is showing that you're losing control over the situation. Maybe parenting classes could help.
    Droyal14u

Answer by Droyal14u at 4:55 AM on Apr. 14, 2011