Relationships

What do you do when you realize that the guy you married isn't "the one"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• File for Divorce?
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• depends on what area you are talking about...how far into the relationship, etc....people can be married for 20 years and then decide it's not "the one"..sometimes, it just needs some spicing up. Marriage is not all peachy all the time...it can get very stressful. sometimes counseling can work..things like that. it's a very vague question.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I hope I never have to ask myself that question.... I would say never give up on your marriage. However, if you are seriously doubting yourself, take time for yourself and think of all the reasons you married him in the first place. Everyone changes over time, even after the "I Do's" I know my husband did. I hope you find 'your answer' in your heart and take time to talk and time for yourself
    rizeabove

Answer by rizeabove at 1:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• see life is very complicated & there r some necessary decisions which change the entire route of our life...so d first thing is never make hasty decisions....ponder over d pros & cons of every thing ...its not like that u met a guy ,...had a few dates with him...& then marry...life is not that easy....& at any case if "u " 've made a sensible decision acc. to ur whims...then stick to it...u cannot held anyone responsible jst b'coz things r not happening as u wanted them to b...
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• When I feel nothing for him.
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 2:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It can b worse!
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 2:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Figure out why you married him and try to rekindle the romance. Don't give up because you have this ridiculous idea that you're supposed to head over heels in love with the same man 24/7. That's only in the movies. Marriages takes time, work, commitment and not dumping the sacred constituion of marriage when you're not all lovey dovey for the one you're with. It'll come back. You should seek counseling and try to figure out where you "realized" this load of crap.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You obviously married him for a reason, though, so I don't know that I'd do anything at that point. If he treats you well, loves you, and respects you, and if you can do the same for him, then leave it alone. However, if you're(that's a general 'you', not YOU specifically, lol) going to cheat on him anyway or otherwise make him miserable, then I'd say get a divorce. I'm not one for abandoning your marriage and breaking your vows, but if the guy is going to be hurt, then it's probably for the best.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• If you married him for the right reason though, try to work on it. If you know you married him with good intentions but it's just not right and not working out, then move on.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:43 AM on Apr. 13, 2011