I had an ultrasound (not pregnancy related) and I heard the tech say to the med student "you can see here her utuerus is slightly collapsed". How serious is this?

I do want to have another baby...Would it be dangerous to get pregnant with a collapsed uterus?
I knew that my bladder and bowel are slightly prolapsed but this seems a lot more serious...

MommyKKay

Asked by MommyKKay at 1:56 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i would go to a ob and ask her about it.. it would seem odd that she didnt refer u to a secondary dr..
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 2:21 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• how long has it been since you've had sex? Definately want to ask the ob about it... but one thing that can cause it is the whole if you don't use it you lose it deal...
    PRbyLaurie

Answer by PRbyLaurie at 2:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Sounds scary to me. I'd be worried. Talk to your OB about it and see what he says. Good luck, Momma!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I am sexually active now. I had 2 children in 2 years which supposedly is a cause of uterine prolapse. I looked it up and the uterus supposedly will re-align itself around 12 weeks of pregnancy :)
    MommyKKay

Comment by MommyKKay (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2011