Has anyone done the "Insanity" fitness program? Did it work for you?

I just saw an infomercial for Insanity and I am actually considering using it if I hear from some REAL people instead of actors on TV :) I usually don't even watch infomercials but for some reason this one looked really awesome....

ShainaMay

Asked by ShainaMay at 2:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Any hardcore workout will work for you if you actually do it! Insanity is not a beginners workout. I'd look at 2 things before deciding to purchase Insanity (or any other series)
    1) Is this appropriate for my level of fitness? Do I need to start with an easier (or tougher) workout?
    2) Is this the kind of workout I enjoy? There are boot-camp styles, dance style, martial arts style, etc. and not everybody likes and will stick with doing each type.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My cousin and his whole family is doing it, his wife, and a few of his inlaws. He lost alot of weight. He is still doing it. He told me that It takes an extremely dedicated, self motivated person to do it because it is hard work, and that if the person couldn't be that determined then there was no point. Since this is a very intense work out yOu have to be ready and willing but if you follow thru it pays off. GL
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 3:01 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I bought it and it came on Monday. So I have just done the first DVD, the Fit Test....My thighs are ridiculously sore, so i'm doing it just every other day for two weeks then going for it. But I LOVED it and i'm very much looking forward to going all out and taking Before, Progress and After pics.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I am a Beachbody coach and I will tell you that Insanity is HARDCORE. If you are a beginner, do not start with it. You can hurt yourself. There are a ton of other options available to beginners- Slim in 6, P90, Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme, Yoga Booty Ballet.
    I have done Insanity. I was 130 lbs when I started and 118 when I finished it after 60 days.
    If you have any knee or back problems do not attempt it. It uses your body weight doing Plyometrics- in other words- jumping jacks, power jacks, power jumps, basketball drills, suicide drills, suicide jumps... you can seriously hurt yourself doing Insanity if you are not in decent shape or already have issues..
    If you are interested in Beachbody products, pm me and I can tell you the differences in them...
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:00 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My friend just started it, she loves it and said it helped her break through the plateau she's been on for awhile.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 12:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'm not trying to lose weight, just tone up. I do some pilates and yoga 4 times a week and played volleyball for 9 years so im just trying to get my old hard body back. thanks for the feedback everyone!
    ShainaMay

Comment by ShainaMay (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2011