Can i give orange juice for my 6 months old baby? is it better to give in the morning or evening time ? pls. help

silriva

Asked by silriva at 2:41 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would wait until at least a year. There is no need to give kids juice period, let alone at 6 months.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:42 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• always ask your doctor.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I don't think it's a good idea. OJ is really acidic and can maybe be too much fo a baby's digestive tract and their gums. I would hold off if I were you but always ask your doctor. There really is no rush, remember they have a lifetime to have all that stuff :)
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 2:48 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i would not give your child orange juice thats for much older more like a year because orange juice it high on acid that would only hert your babys tummy if you really wanna give your baby juice go to the store and bye juice for infants thats much better for there tummys but i think milk is the best thing or water not juice
    jack90

Answer by jack90 at 2:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• but ask a doctor first
    jack90

Answer by jack90 at 2:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• see what your pedi says, they dont really need juice but if you are going to give it I wouldnt start with orange juice, normally its apple to start with and the baby juice or watered down regular apple juice.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• if you choose to mix it with apple juice and water it down alot so the acid doesn't hurt his/her tummy. i would do morning time due to the sugar and so you can watch the effect
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 3:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Probably too acidic and will burn their bum. My sister-in-law gave my 7 month old orange juice and the poor thing got the worst diarrhea and diaper rash.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:54 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't advise it. My son is 19 months old and orange juice is too strong for him. It really upsets his stomach. I can only imagine what it'd do to a 6 month old.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 4:38 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't recommend it; I would ask your doctor what to give if he isn't getting enough to fill him up
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2011