My baby is now 6 1/2 month old. last time i visited for her vaccination for 6 month doctor told me that her weight is 1 kg less when compare to last 2 months. i am not breast feeding only formula milk giveing? i am really worried about her food? only milk itself not enough to gain her wieght. i want to start her some solid food. i started her giving orange juice but some are teeling not good it is acid. so what food type of food i can give her pls help??????

silriva

Asked by silriva at 2:59 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What I would do is stop the orange juice immediately. I would give your baby the very first stage of baby cereal. Rice, barley or oatmeal. Start giving the baby that, read the directions on the box and give it once or twice a day, like breakfast and dinner times. Ask the pediatrician please but I really don't think you should give the baby OJ. She/he needs to get use to food first and you have to introduce her/him to gentle foods to make sure you don't mess up their stomach. When introducing your baby to any food or drink you give it to them 3 days in a row at least to make sure they don't have an allergy to them before you introduce something else.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 3:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• At four months we started my DD on rice cereal and baby food she loved Carrots sweet potatoes and sweet peas try some of those we are steering clear of fruits unless they are mixed with cereal they can be pretty sour GL and don't worry you're doing fine everything works out
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 3:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Everyone will give you different advice on this, so talk to your DR then do what you think is best for your baby. This is how I did it starting on rice cereal, then fruits then vegetables, we introduced as per our Dr's advice, the same fruit for 2-3 days so you can watch out for any food allergies, if your giving different foods all at once and there is an allergy it can be hard to determine what they are allergic to. We started with banana. I wouldnt start with Orange juice, they dont really need juice period but if you want to give it its best to start with the baby apple juice or watered down regular apple juice.

The weight may not even be cause for concern, they flucuate and have growth spurts, it may be more of a concern if the next visit the weight is still low. Did your Dr seem concerned?
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You should have asked your Doctor that question.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 3:43 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• ask your doctor about this and I would also stop the orange juice for now
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• oranje juice is really bad for babies. how many bottle of formula are you givin in a day and how many ounces. what about solids? are you doing solids after bottles or before?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2011