My baby 6 1/2 month. what type of food veg, fruit i can give her?

silriva

Asked by silriva at 3:00 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She should probably stick with breast milk or formula until she is a year. Maybe a little rice cereal if you must.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:01 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Babies typically start out with bby cereal that is very thin mixed with breastmilk or formula. Rice is usually the 1st choice but oatmeal I always found was less constipating for the baby. After that is taken well you can move on to pureed sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, green beans, peas, applesauce, bananas, prunes, pears, and peaches. Make sure to space each new food out about 5 days so that if there is an allergy you will know which food it is. Don't force food on the baby. It's a foreign concept to baby. She will get the hang of it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would ask your doctor as to what they recommend
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would ask your Dr also, this is what my pedi sugested, rice cereal, then fruits, the same fruit for 2-3 days to watch for allergies, I started with banana.......then a couple of weeks later we started on vegies.....
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:54 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Your pedi should have told you about the website www.wholesomebabyfood.com
    My doc told me to use this website as a guide for feeding. It tells you what foods to feed at what ages, and also tells you food to avoid.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2011