Why is it there are so many different answers?

I have asked some pretty basic questions about conception and not ONE of the responses here has matched up. No one can agree when ovulation occurs. No one can agree how long it lasts or anything. Some say count days after your period, some say count before your period. I DO NOT want to chart or buy ovulation kits. My reasons are personal ones. So once again, for the third time, PLEASE someone who actually KNOWS and isn't guessing or going by their own experience, how long does ovulation last in which you could get pregnant during a cycle that has a period of 27-30 days apart and when do you know what days to ttc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• In general it happens about two weeks for your period but I'm not sure how long it lasts. I concieved my child when I was on the pill so I'm not the person to ask about problems concieving. Women in my family seem to get pregnant at the drop of a hat. My mother got pregnant with my seven year old half sister when she thought she had finished menopause.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 3:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Each person is different. Some ovulate early in the cycle and some ovulate late in the cycle. That's where charting and kits come in handy, so you can figure out when you ovulate. Good luck!  : )

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• And honey, I'm sorry to say it but you're not going to get a straight answer. Every woman's body is different and there is no possible foolproof way to predict and control these things. The best method I can suggest is to let nature take it's course.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 3:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Like all the others have said, each woman is different. You can try to google the answer, but I think you may have the same problem there too. I hope it all works out for you :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 7:36 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Your asking a group of mothers, not a group of medical experts, so maybe you should be a bit less demanding. There is no magical number of days that each and every woman ovulates, thats one reason your getting different answers, woman also have varying days of a cycle, another reason you would be getting different answers. Only a professional that has studied your cycle could help you with exact timings and dates, or if you yourself have studied your cycle you should have a better idea that anyone- no one knows your body like you.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Please poster?? GOOGLE the damn answer your looking for yourself!!!!!, or GO TO A DR and get the true answer. We ARE NOT Dr's NOR do we all know or have been told the same thing by our fertility Dr's. Dr's DO have different opinions on when your fertile. Everyones Dr is different!! If your TTC have lots of sex!! If the powers that be want you to be preggo, you will be. If your looking to know so you can avoid being preggo, USE A RUBBER!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• The reason you should chart it is to find out what you average luetal phase is. That is the period of time after you ovulate until you get your period. For me I have long cycles and my average is 16 days, I gernerally ovulate around cd18.
    If you do not wish to chart the take you shortest cycle to begin sex and the longest to to stop. (start around cycle day 10 to start and staop aroud cd16 or 17 that should cover you fertile period)
    Ovulation is 1 day and usually you want the sprem there prior to ovulation cuz there really is only about a 12 hr window to fertilize the egg once it is released.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Ovulation typically occurs half way through your cycle. If you have a 28 day cycle you ovulate on day 14. For you it ranges from day 13-15.
    Once the egg is released, it is ideal for conception for three days. To maximize conception start having sex on day 11 and continue until day 18. Every other day in this time frame is fine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• go to fertilityfriend.com very helpful i think
    NTAMS

Answer by NTAMS at 7:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2011