Do you know of good, effective ways to destress?

I've got a lot on my plate right now. I have a pretty severe infection in my body (thanks to a recent IUD), PID on top, its too painful to exercise right now. I have a 2 year old. My husband is looking at going to prision..possibly for up to 5 years. He is in confinement. I was a SAHM, but I need to find a steady job that makes at least $800 a month, within the next week.

So Im a recent, single parent. That means I can not drink or do anything illegal to destress.

Im trying breathing techniques, praying, reading the bible, and although they all are helping tremendously...Im still finding myself extremely stressed :) suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Health

• When I found myself extremely stressed I would just start to say this prayer. It did help me hope it can help you. You don't need drugs or drinking they make things worse. You are already doing the right things, it just takes time.

God grant me the Serenity to accept
    the things I cannot change,
    The Courage to change the things I can,
    and the Wisdom to know the difference.
    Amen.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 4:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• aww girl, seriously a good de-stresser is having a good girlfriend you can just talk to. Sometimes just getting all the "shit" off your shoulders and venting can work wonders! ( im here if ya need me!!) *hugs*
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 4:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I agree. You need a good friend to lean on.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 6:59 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You need to vent, a good friend, or family member, also at times like this it's OK to to yell at God and just cry. He will take on all your burdens, he will understand. *hugs* sweetie.
    daps

Answer by daps at 7:38 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Totally agree - a good friend is the best medicine at times.
    These are other things that work for me: I like to bake, look at cooking mags, paint my nails Mani & Pedi (I know, but works), listen to fave music really loud for few min, photography and anything crafty.
    Hope you find yourself with less stress soon! I know all to well what long term stress can do to your body.

Hugs!
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 7:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2011