next step formula or milk?

my son is going on 9 months and he takes gentlease enfamil.( i dont need a rude comment about breastfeeding i did! its my situation that forced me to stop!)anyways
did you use the next step formula or gave cows milk at 12mons?
and please tell me why you did?
thanks
happy holidays!

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 3:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I switched to milk. I agree that the next step formulas are pretty much a marketing gimick. HOWEVER - I do keep a can of powder in the fridge. When my daughter is sick and doesn't want to eat, I can give her some of it and know she is getting more nutruition than milk alone provides while she is sick and refusing most foods. That's why I keep it in the fridge - so it won't go bad over the months it takes to use up one can.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Milk, I think the next step is just another way for them to get more $$$.
    Anonymous

• i went straight to milk... but my son had bad reflux and formula just made him throw up. as soon as we switched to milk the reflux was gone.
    fcangel9

Answer by fcangel9 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i gave milk at 12 months. Reason being, the older they get, the harder it is to get them off formula, and honestly they really don't need it, it's just a way for the formula company to get more money. that and it's cheaper to buy milk. even doctors say that babies should be off of formula by 1.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• generally milk should only come at age 1, but speak to you pedabout it.
    matissesmom

Answer by matissesmom at 4:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I don't use Enfamil so i'm not sure what you mean by next step...but i'm pretty sure you said that your baby is nine months old and you want to know if it's safe to go to milk. Many women will say that they switched their babies to milk at 8 9 10...whatever months. I would speak with your pediatrician before doing so because the protien in Milk is too large for young babies to digest and it is recommended that you wait until they are 1 yr of age. it can cause stomach bleeding, early allergies or even make them lactose intolerant when they get older. Good luck to you!!!
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 5:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2008