Holding public office and Adoptees without a genuine original birth record

‬At least‭ ‬10‭ ‬states, including Texas (HB 295) have introduced legislation requiring presidential and vice-presidential candidates to present their original birth certificates to appropriate authorities to prove citizenship eligibility for office.‭ ‬

What if there are problems and discrepancies on our falsified government-created amended birth certificates?? Most adoptees in this country are not able to present true documents because they are sealed by the state- We are not afforded this right, so that we could remedy the problem.

When will we be treated JUST as equally as non-adoptees?

adopteeme

Asked by adopteeme at 3:57 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Adoption

• And you can bet your sweet as my child, a black man, would have every problem with people questioning his BC. Of course AAK your white daughter would have no problem. Clearly she looks "American" by the standards those Tea Party people have set.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• The last two posts illustrate my point. This proposed law is about a specific man and a specific race. The consequence being why should adoptees be marginalized again? There are other poltical offices to run for. Ones I am sure there are plenty of adoptees who hold that office. What do we tell them? Sorry, but these black people have gone to far so you have to vacate your position. We didn't mean for you to have another road block while trying to humiliate and put minoritiesin their place but you will have to live with it for the good of the country. Discussions are not one demensional. They have multiple complex layers. If a woman looks at each policy and dismisses it b/c her child is not impacted that is who pisses in my Cherios. I do fight for equality and civil rights. And not just because it impacts my family. B/c it impacts every family.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:57 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• they do have over site commities that look in to and have acuse to these papers for people who want to hold goverment office.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 8:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I dunno, but in those sealed cases a judges order is all it takes to unseal them. The truth CAN be had, but it will cost you attorney's fees and court filing fees.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I guess we won't ever really know for certain unless they spell out that a certificate of birth given after an adoption has been finalized is not good enough or an adoptee who does not have access to the certificate of birth given before an adoption tries to run for President or Vice-President, but I'm thinking that, in the long run, this would not matter either way for an adoptee and someone like my daughter would have no problem being President of the United State of America.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• The amended legal birth certificate would be used as the "original BC."
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

•  Access to an OBC  means that everyone is treated the same, subject to the same rights and privilges and due process under law EVERYONE!!!  Not JUST non-adoptees

Anyone born within US borders, ( and they can be raised by parents that birthed them- or raised by genetic strangers)... is a U.S. citizen, with rights.  EXCEPT if you are an adoptee and want your OBC in a sealed state. 

And at *audlthood*, a U.S. citizen needs no parental permission for any legal purpose - including obtaining his own vital statistics documents.

WOULD YOU tolerate being excluded to the right other citizens freely have to their OBC?

adopteeme

Comment by adopteeme (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• quote: The amended legal birth certificate would be used as the "original BC."

except if its questionable, post 9/11. Filing dates with state register comes into play it seems. ive heard stories of adoptees being denied passports, drivers licences, and security clearances because the filing date runs (a year?) or more behind the actual DOB for the ammended.
    adopteeme

Comment by adopteeme (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Well, good luck with the original....for anyone. No person gets the original. Which is all the much a do about zip with the current pres. Adoptees don't even get that. And yes, it discriminates against adoptees. But that was an unintended consequence. Truly the law is racist and designed to be a slap in the face of all black citizens. Oh look, you're not really....your a second class citizen. But I think this policy unintensionay highlighted how some adoptees might feel like second class citizens in that they do not have the right to basic information or to run for public office without having to jump through hoops.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Seriously? Who pee'd in your Cheerios this morning?

I see nothing hypocritical about what I said.

I don't get caught up in race because it's not a daily thing for me as it obviously is for you. Nevertheless, I would never take your child and use him as an example of how there are more adoptable black children than white children. Of course I use my daughter as I see fit when making our points, don't we all? I don't appreciate others...strangers...using her in their examples no matter what that example was about.

Political views? Who says I don't like your political views? I don't even know your political views! And what does that have to do with any of this? I wasn't even using her in political views...even though this post is about a HB, my post wasn't meant to be taken as political in any way.

All I can do on this is shake my head and laugh because...wow...I have no idea what you are even talking about anymore.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011