How can I destress?

I've got a lot on my plate right now. I have a pretty severe infection in my body (thanks to a recent IUD), PID on top, its too painful to exercise right now. I have a 2 year old. My husband is looking at going to prision..possibly for up to 5 years. He is in confinement. I was a SAHM, but I need to find a steady job that makes at least $800 a month, within the next week.

So Im a recent, single parent. That means I can not drink or do anything illegal to destress.

Im trying breathing techniques, praying, reading the bible, and although they all are helping tremendously...Im still finding myself extremely stressed :) suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Health

• Get a notebook and pen and write everything down that you think of... anything that comes to mind just write it down for about 15 minutes. After that time write down the top issues bothering you and how they will effect you in a year or 5 years. Then make a to do list for the week of how you can focus on these issues... for ex. go to the unemployment office for a job, join a church for support and most of all read your bible every day. Make time to read and talk to God and ask him for direction. God Bless.
    melodyb3

Answer by melodyb3 at 4:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i allway find chatting on here helps
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 4:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• you should take a nice hot tub bath. That's what i do when i need time to myself, it's very relaxing! or maybe you could go and get a massage or pedicure. Just do somethimg nice for yourself!
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 4:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I suffer from depression and anxiety. I'm on meds. and every couple of months I get ECT (shock treatments). First and foremost, get help for yourself. Do not try to go it alone. Join the Depression Support Group on here. There are many members who are willing to help. Next, find an agency through a church, city hall, from your doctor, etc. that offers free counseling or counseling where they will work with you as far as payments. You need to talk to a professional. You won't be able to deal with a job and the pressures that come with that until you can deal with the immediate pressures at hand. Focus on one thing at a time. Take a deep breath and find yourself a therapist, counselor,or psychologist asap. (I see a psychologist and a psychiatrist regularly.) By all means, keep reading your Bible and don't underestimate the power of prayer!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Write, pick up a new hobby like quilting, crocheting, or knitting- my doc says there were studies done that prove these things lower your blood pressure and reduce stress! Read a fun romance novel or mystery, take up gardening- my plants definitely give me something to work on so I forget what I'm stressing about. I also pray a lot and just turn everything over to God. It sounds corny, I guess, but it works! If you give it all to Him, then you have nothing to worry about! I hope this helps you, Momma! Good luck on getting everything straightened out! Oh, and you can PM me anytime you like :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2011