Tea making me sick??!!

I havent really been taking care of my body through clean eating and light exercise because Ive been sooo busy with kids and work. Well now my youngest is 11 months old so I want to try again.

I want to start by eliminating all sodas and alcoholic drinks and replacing them with tea (teabags not the leaf). I used to drink a lot back in the day especially plain green tea or green tea with fruit infusions.Now, whenever I take a few sips my tummy starts to ache and then heave and I become so nauseous that I stop immediately. I noticed this way back then and now its happening again.

What is happening? Am I making itto strong? Could it be the drops of lemon or lime that I squeeze into it first/ Is it because Im attempting to drink it on an empty stomach? What could be the cause?

Please,if there are any of you experiencing similar symptoms ,I'd like to know about the cause and cure.

whiskey80

Asked by whiskey80 at 5:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I can't drink tea on an empty stomach. That may very well be the problem.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I have felt like this too at times. I am a big iced tea drinker and the only tea that makes me feel ill is the one I make at home. So I would think maybe you are making it too strong?
    smushy79

Answer by smushy79 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It is probably because you are drinking it on an empty stomach. Try eating something first.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• it is the empty stomach...tea does that to mee too!!
    doula-mom25

Answer by doula-mom25 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would make sure you have some protein in your tummy first.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:33 AM on Apr. 14, 2011