Tea making me sick??!!

I havent really been taking care of my body through clean eating and light exercise because Ive been sooo busy with kids and work. Well now my youngest is 11 months old so I want to try again.

I want to start by eliminating all sodas and alcoholic drinks and replacing them with tea (teabags not the leaf). I used to drink a lot back in the day especially plain green tea or green tea with fruit infusions.Now, whenever I take a few sips my tummy starts to ache and then heave and I become so nauseous that I stop immediately. I noticed this way back then and now its happening again.

What is happening? Am I making itto strong? Could it be the drops of lemon or lime that I squeeze into it first/ Is it because Im attempting to drink it on an empty stomach? What could be the cause?

Please,if there are any of you experiencing similar symptoms ,I'd like to know about the cause and cure.

whiskey80

Asked by whiskey80 at 5:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I can't speak for you, only for myself, but ever since I became an adult, I just can't drink tea. I live in the south and grew up drinking sweet iced tea somewhat regularly, but I just can't do it anymore. I tried to give up coffee a few years ago and do tea instead, only to find that every single flavor, every variety, whether hot or iced makes me feel nauseated. I finally gave up and have just continued to have morning coffee. I'm not going to make myself sick with tea. I don't have a weak stomach at all, so I'm not sure why tea makes me feel like that, but it does.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I like tea, but it SO DOES NOT like me. Hot or cold I puke. I do drink Chamomile tea made from the dried flower bud's not bags and my stomach tolerates that really well, but orange peko, green tea or black tea my tummy evicts it in short order. Id like to know why to. Perhaps it's just our body's way of saying, "NO! I dont want that!!" Green tea is known to cause tummy upset. Try it with food and see if that helps. My tummy wont tolerate it with or without food.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It's never happened to me, so I'm not sure why. I'd do a search online about it. Sorry it's happening to you.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 9:10 AM on Apr. 13, 2011