Tea making me sick??!!

I havent really been taking care of my body through clean eating and light exercise because Ive been sooo busy with kids and work. Well now my youngest is 11 months old so I want to try again.

I want to start by eliminating all sodas and alcoholic drinks and replacing them with tea (teabags not the leaf). I used to drink a lot back in the day especially plain green tea or green tea with fruit infusions.Now, whenever I take a few sips my tummy starts to ache and then heave and I become so nauseous that I stop immediately. I noticed this way back then and now its happening again.

What is happening? Am I making itto strong? Could it be the drops of lemon or lime that I squeeze into it first/ Is it because Im attempting to drink it on an empty stomach? What could be the cause?

Please,if there are any of you experiencing similar symptoms ,I'd like to know about the cause and cure.

whiskey80

Asked by whiskey80 at 5:24 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Health

• you could be allergic to it....try eatting a light snack before drinking it.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Green tea is supposed to stop acid in your stomach, but lemon and lime are so high in citric acid that they actually do overpower the antioxidents in green tea... try by only dipping the bag in a few times and with no additives at first.. also eat a few wheat thins or half a piece of plain toast with or before your tea... i believe that there are no real reasons for most meds, and our(humans) bodies can absorbe sometimes more easily than some meds.. I sure do hope you figure it out nontheless, Im preggo and miss my tea sooooo much right now!!! more the reason I hope you get to enjoy your teas...
    jayme009

Answer by jayme009 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2011