Exercise DVDs for weightloss?????

I used to be a gym rat and would only use my exercise DVDs if Im pressed for time or injured. In my opinion, they were mainly for maintenance of weight not weight loss proper.

Now, I cant seem to find time to go to the gym and decided that a little exercise is better than none. I'm wondering : Is it really possible to lose all my baby weight using exercise DVDs (and clean eating of course)? I have at least 7 kg to lose and a whole tot of flab to tighten up.

My list of DVDs:
i) Chalene Johnson Turbo Jam series
ii)Shaun T Insanity series
iii)Tony Horton P90X
iv)Jillian Michaels No more trouble zones
v)Jillian Michaels Maximize Back In Action
vi)Billy Blanks Get Amped
vii)Billy Blanks Tae Bo Ultimate Collection
viii)Jillian Michaels Cardio Kickbox
ix)Zumba (in transit)

whiskey80

Asked by whiskey80 at 5:39 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Thanks for the list of DVD's. It all depends on your effort and sincerity towards not just watching it but also doing it regularly.
    isa_edwards

Answer by isa_edwards at 6:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Of course they can be used for weight loss. I've NEVER stepped foot in a gym but i've lost 50 pounds before with dvd's and i'm currently down another 21 pounds all using DVD's and good old fashioned walking and being active.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I think you can do it with just DVDs depending how dedicated you are. I love Zumba! Zumba makes you sweat and makes you drink lots of water just cause you're sweating it out. My friends swear by P90X too. Good luck!
    MommabearGrr

Answer by MommabearGrr at 8:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Back when my kids were babies, I lost baby weight via Denise Austin DVDs, the kickboxing ones, the yoga, pilates, and the hit the spot series. But I also did the Denise Austin pregnancy workouts all throughout my pregnancies. She's not for everyone, some people say she's annoying but I liked her workout videos.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 9:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I love the Paula Sansome's Walk Away the Pounds series. They've helped me a lot. I have issues with my joints so my workout routine has to be very low impact.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I have lost lots of weight and toned up just using DVDs. I use Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred and the New York City Ballet workout.
    LillyJD

Answer by LillyJD at 12:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011