Hi, i am diabetic. I came to know before 1 week of my delivery. some people say in pregnency you will get diabetic and after delivery it will go. but i checked after 2 months of my delivery my sugar level is high? i am really worried. i ate sweets in my last month of delivery becasue of that? pls help.

silriva

Asked by silriva at 5:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Gestational diabetes will not always go away after delivery. You doctor should have your blood levels checked. Typically, I have had mine done about 6 weeks after delivery and then again 5 years later. Women who have had gestational diabetes are at a great risk to develop diabetes later on in life.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:25 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I had gestational diabetes with my daughter, and it never went away....I now check my sugar three to six times a day. Sometimes I am high and other times I am really low....I see my doc once a month, and I get my A1C checked once every 3 months..I do have other medical problems, but it's easier to handle it now.... Diabetes isn't all about "sweet" stuff....go to your doc, every diabetic is different and although I could give you advice, your first step is your doctor, then feel free to message me.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2011