Liquid diet for weightloss?

I am looking for a natural way to detox because my post-babyskin is AWFUL and my body is dragging due to unhealthy diet choices. I heard something about a liquid diet (eg boiling then blending vegetables or fruit) but not very sure of the details. I want something that I can do ,say,one week a month (combined with exercise) to flush my sytem and aide on my journey back to health and fitness.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

whiskey80

Asked by whiskey80 at 5:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Yoga and a good diet is a better option. Try it , it works wonders.
    isa_edwards

Answer by isa_edwards at 6:38 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Don't do anything out of the ordinary that can be unhealthy. The best answer is always healthy sensible eating and exercise.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I agree with both posts before me. I've tried it all at some point in my life. While you will lose weight fast at first, most of it is just water weight. Once you start eating again, there is a chance you will put the weight back on. Eating healthy and exercise is the only way I've ever lost and kept the weight off. Best of luck!
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 7:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Your not going to loose weight doing something one weekend a month. You have to eat right and exercise regularly in order to loose weight and keep it off. If your looking to Detox your body go see your Dr who can suggest proven and safe detoxing for your body and your level of fitness. Fad dieting and loose weight fast gimmicks just prey on gullible people and DO NOT WORK, and many are harmful to your body and your organs.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Vbruno....WELL SAID

clapping

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:21 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I agree. There are ways to detox, but your MD is the one to recommend them. There are different kinds of flushes that produce different results and are there to "detox" certain things. My co-worker did a detox recommended by her MD.....but it was for her lymphatic system and had nothing to do with losing weight.
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2011