Hi, i want to know what are the casues for bad breath? and how to get rid off that? i am working mother becasue of the bad breath i am not talking much in my office. becasue of bad breath i lost good opportunities. while i am talking from person close their nose. iat is very embarssing me. i dont know what to do? can yu pls tell me the remedy for that? i am very grateful to you all.

silriva

Asked by silriva at 6:09 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Health

• Here's one link on it and mayo clinic website has more info.  Remember to brush your tongue when you brush your teeth.  GL

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/bad-breath

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My suggestion is to definitely check with your dentist. you may have an infection in your gums that you do not realize you have. You could also try a home remedy that is great for mouth/breath issues by using a baking soda paste to brush with and/or a peroxide dental cleanser to use as a mouth rinse.
    Other than that do a general search through wedMD or dentistry/personal hygiene issues.
    Good luck and hope you find a cure soon. Sorry to hear about what you are going through. =)
    Corilyn1221

Answer by Corilyn1221 at 7:31 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Do you have a lot of post-nasal drip? This can cause bad breath also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i would say tooth decay..do you have any teeth needing pulled?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Do you still have your tonsils? If so, they could be getting infected and causing the bad breath.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 8:14 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• if its that bad consult your dentist if nothing is wrong dental wise try strong mouth washes, breath mints, maybe even brush your teeth every couple hours not just after meals......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 8:21 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• If nothing else, I'd at LEAST keep some breath mints in my desk, pocket, or purse and use them whenever I'm talking to anybody. Follow the pps suggestions and talk to your dentist!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• most likely you have periodontal disease it causes really bad breath and it's not just smokers who have this i've never smoked and i have it. Go to the dentist
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2011