Mom Drives Minivan Into NY's Hudson River, killing herself and 3 children!!!!!!

I just heard this on the news. Apparentaly, there was a 4th child (a 10 yr old) that she dropped off outside of a fire station and then drove her and her other 3 children into the river killing all of them. :(

The children were two boys, ages 5 and 2, and an 11-month-old girl.

Your thoughts?

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.ktxs.com/news/27526359/detail.html

Heres a link
    L0vingMy3Girls

Comment by L0vingMy3Girls (original poster) at 6:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• She is a coward.... if you're gonna kill yourself don't take your babies or anyone else with you. People that do that bs really piss me off.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:38 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I have no idea what would possess someone to do something so dreadful. Very sad. .
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 6:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I see there aren't any more details on this story as of yet which is why the news link you provided spent 1/2 the article talking about another case.

I would like to know a lot more before making a thorough comment. However, preliminarily, I agree that Suicide is a selfish, cowardly act.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Sounds like a repeat of what has happened before. What is wrong with people
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 6:55 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• They are talking about it right now on the Today show on NBC....they are live on the scene.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Comment by L0vingMy3Girls (original poster) at 7:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• That is very sad. :( I feel bad for the family.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I think it is very sad. We have no way of knowing what was going on in her life and sometimes people think there is no way out. I understand people being angry that she killed her children because it is not something we would ever think of doing.

I think there is probably more to the story and in the end sadness is the only thing I feel for these families. Sad that she felt there was no other way out, sad that these children will never be able to grow and sad for the ones left behind.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• sad thay she had no one to go to or no other choice..jmo..shows we mom are to stressed.
    KRIZZ25

Answer by KRIZZ25 at 7:09 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I hate these stupid a**holes--men AND women--who want to get back at their partner by killing the kids. It seems to me like that may be the situation here, since it states that she was involved in a "domestic dispute" just before doing it. I don't understand why on earth she dropped one kid off though, and took the rest of them down with her. Strange.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2011