How do you deal with not being able to sleep while pregnant?

i havent been able to sleep okay since sunday night. its killing me. i have school early in the morning so i get up at 6 and i cant go to bed early cause then ill be up at like 2am so i go to bed around 9 maybe 10 afte get my work done. but then around 12 almost 1 i feel wide awake. i havent been able to get a good nap when i get home either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had this problem for two weeks. Finally exhaustion kicked in, and I've slept soundly every night since that my 3 year old will allow. My husband helped by vacating the bedroom for two nights, so I had the bed to myself (he snores, and that often keeps me up if I wake up in the middle of the night.)
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:09 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I also suffered from this crazy 'almost' unexplainable torture.. i would actually get up and pace our house, back and forth..... but with no lights on. The dark kept me in the 'bed-time' mode and pacing was so redundant that it would actually bore me right back to a sleepy feel... Don't walk fast though, you dont want to get your heart rate up. also, if you have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, try using no lights or even leave a small candle and lighter(matches can really stink).. maybe even keep a book(history, or educational cause you dont want to 'get into anything') with a small book light by the bed.... no bright lights though, they never help. Hope You feel better Very soon.
    jayme009

Answer by jayme009 at 8:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Have you tried some herbel teas? They say drinking Camomile. Or have you tried reading? I read when I can not sleep I start to read to make my eyes tired and heavy.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Its hard and it sucks but eventually you will just be so tired you will sleep. Your body just goes through things while you are pregnant.. chances are this is one of them. Have you tried taking a hot bath before bed?
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 13, 2011