Do you think some of the comments aka bashing causes people to avoid answers?

You hear a lot of members say they avoid certain groups on cm because of attitudes. Do you think members avoid answers for the same reasons?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Vbruno--I know exactly what you mean...sometimes I think it is a troll, I feel like, how do you NOT know that answer.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:10 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I avoid answering some questions due to the volatile question asked, and because some questions answers are just SOO COMMON knowledge that the poster dosnt deserve an answer. (and now let the bashing begin for me being honest)
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• maybe. the only questions i avoid are the "am i pregnant" ones and really long ones with absolutely no punctuation because it gives me a headache trying to decipher where each sentence ends and begins!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I will answer questions anywhere, but I don't follow threads. I have too much going on to get in wars. Did that in my 20s, got over the need. I don't care if people agree, but sometimes people need help or advice and if I have an idea nobody else has posted or that needs repeated, I will do so.

If I was going to stick around and follow threads, I would definitely avoid a LOT of areas in CM.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes. but I don't avoid anything I have an opinion on.

Answer by older at 8:00 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I answer any question that I feel the need to answer no matter what. I've never been one to shy away from danger! LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes, I think there's lots of people who don't want to deal with the BS.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:12 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes because I avoid questions that I know I will get bashed or a ton of vote downs. Sometimes this happens anyway even when I think Im giving a good answer though.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Sometimes I see that my answer isn't going to further the discussion or that there is too lively a "debate" already going on and what I might add won't help so I'll just move on.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• There are some categories I avoid, and some members I avoid because they are IMO rude people in general. I learned within the first week of playing on answers that no matter what you post there's a huge possibility that someone will bash you for something you typed. Once I accepted that as part of the game I felt good! Sometimes I avoid relationship questions because my answers are to the point-mostly what the hell are you still doing with him-and some people think that's too harsh.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2011