How on Earth do you......... adult content

Keep a house clean and prevent it from looking like a tornado goes though it twice a day with 6 young kids and a dh living it it?
Is it just dang near impossible?

Even having the kids do chores and me cleaning sun up to sun down doesn't help...at the end of the day it still looks like one of those homes from that hoarders show or how clean is your house. I get it clean at night then it looks like that again an hour after everyone is awake, no joke.

Is this something I just have to learn to live with? ick!

I'm gonna go crazy......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I learned that the house will still be there but my sanity won't.

Answer by older at 8:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• This is the key, if you all don't do anything else but this, this will help control that -- A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING AND EVERYTHING IT ITS PLACE. Honestly this one expectation will help immensely. Insist that everyone do this and in less than a weeks time you will see a huge difference. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Start by getting rid of all the clutter that piles up. Homes with little or no things piled up everywhere look cleaner than ones with crap piled everywhere. Housework is a NEVER ending thing. It will always be there. I had 2 of my own kids and 2 step kid's and worked really long hours 7 days a week when the kid were small but I managed to keep the house neat and picked up by making sure the kid's and hubby knew that if they wanted their stuff to put it away or ID put it away for them on trash pick up day and they would NEVER get it back. I followed through with my threats to. If their things meant anything to them they kept them out of sight or they went bye bye.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'm having the same problem and I agree with both ladies. I have put stuff in the trash and started to declutter. I have 6 kids too and somtimes I just want to cry when I look at my house. But hopefully when I get my new house we will have more room.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:30 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I try to declutter as i go. I also have my kids do small chores and DH helps.
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 10:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Clutter is our biggest issue. I too have 6 little ones and a messy DH, though he tries hard not to be. Our biggest issue is clutter control. The house looks worse when everything is actually clean and there's just clutter hanging around than it does when there is NO clutter and it's dirty! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Keep clutter down and do not expect your home to be perfect at all times.
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Get the kids to help with certain daily chores that vary in difficulty depending on their age.
    EBee12

Answer by EBee12 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Clean up several times a day. That's what DH and I do- but, we only have 2 kids.

Have the kids help clean up every 1-2 hours?
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 2:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You have no life. Because you clean.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2011