Combination feeding question

How did those that breast fed and bottle fed work out the schedules? Did it work well and did you breasts adjust to the need or did you deal with drying up often?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am breastfeeding twins.. I pump once a day during the long nap. and later at nighth my hubby makes a bottle of BM/formula so I could sleep a little longer. When my hubby helps out and feeds them more formula than i have anticipated I do notice a decline in supply.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• When I give formula I make sure I pump at some point too... my baby gets formula only in the middle of the night if he wakes up... my extra pumping is right before I go to bed.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Does baby not deserve the best all of the time or is part of the time all baby deserves?

Anonymous

• Anon.... cut the crap. I get where you are coming from, but there are moms who can't stay home and nurse all day long. Some have to go back to work and don't respond well to pumps.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I pumped when I came back to work. However, once I was done, I gradually cut out one pumping session to give my breasts some adjusting time. You could do the same: it's best if you gradually slow down as opposed to quitting cold turkey. You're breasts will adjust to making the necessary amount and it will be less uncomfortable for you.
    ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2008